Now introducing the Social Sharing Toolbar feature for the Gueskdesk booking engine.
The social sharing toolbar feature places links to social media on the confirmation page. This allows the customer to share their purchase on social media websites. The specific details of the purchase are not displayed. It will only display a link to the hotels website on the customer's page. This is a great way to use social media as a marketing tool for your brand.
For a detailed description of this feature including a walk through on setting up the feature please click the icon below to visit our how to video section. To see a step by step written guide for setting up the feature click here
- To set up the Social Sharing Toolbar first log into the intranet.
- Click on System Settings and then General Settings.
- Under General Settings turn on the "IncludeSocial Sharing Toolbar on Confirmation Page"
- Click on the addthis.com link. addthis.com is the worlds largest social infrastructure and analytics platform. Through an integration with Guestdesk, addthis allows for a complete social marketing experience.
- Fill out the form to create a new account on addthis.com.
- Click the silhouette in the top right and then settings. See image below
- Click profiles on the left of the screen.
- Click Add a Profile. You can name it what ever you want, but you need to highlight and copy the ra- number given as a ProfileID
- Take that ra- number back to the intranet and paste it into the field as shown in the image under bullet 4.
The other part of the feature is the analytics for the tool bar. The analytics page is an interactive dashboard that gives you up to the minute info on click rates and much more. This gives you a better idea of how well your social presence is effecting traffic. To learn more about the analytics from addthis.com click here